Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Sunday, May 20, 2007
Please click on photo above to view full size.
The aerial photo above is Cedar Road between Warrensville Center Road and Richmond Road.
Does the "Hillcrest" area have sufficient retail stores?Starting at the intersection of Cedar and Richmond Roads there is Beachwood Place/La Place shopping malls. Across the street in Lyndhurst is Legacy Village.
At Cedar and Green is a shopping area including a Heinen's grocery store. Cedar and Warrensville is Whole Foods, Target, JoAnn Fabrics and a variety of other stores. At Cedar Center on the South Euclid side is the shopping plaza which is soon to be torn down to make way for new development.
Other retail in the nearby area include:
- Severance Center in Cleveland Heights including Home Depot and Walmart
- Richmond Town Center in Richmond Heights and the shopping plaza across the street on Wilson Mills Road
- Mayfield Heights is chock full of retail up and down Mayfield Road, including: Costco, Walmart, and the entire Golden Gate shopping area.
- Also in Highland Heights at Wilson Mills and 271 is Home Depot, Kohl's and Dick's Sporting Goods.
- South Euclid also has stores at Mayfield and Green. Chain drugstores are generously dotted throughout the area.
All of this retail has not had an effect on the exodus from this area.
The Plain Dealer: May 19, 2007- The article quotes James Kastelik a Cleveland State University professor:
- "There's not enough people and not enough income. A lot of communities think that retail is going to fuel growth, but it really doesn't."
Please click on image below to view full size.
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Saturday, May 12, 2007
Thursday, May 10, 2007
At the time the Cutter's Creek development at Anderson and Green Roads along the bank of the Euclid Creek was approved by the City of South Euclid, Mayor Georgine Welo was the Chairman of the Euclid Creek Watershed Council.
Was this a conflict of interest?
The following letter to the editor appeared in the Plain Dealer on May 2, 2007:
Please click on image to view full size.
Wednesday, May 9, 2007
- ► 2013 (22)
- ► 2012 (24)
- ► 2011 (76)
- ► 2010 (82)
- ► 2009 (86)
- ► 2008 (92)
- ▼ May (9)