Saturday, March 31, 2007
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
- Response from Economic Development Manager, Cal Caminati: "...I'm sorry but I really strongly believe as it relates to Liberty, I know Liberty caused a lot of wounds in that neighborhood. But I will tell you one thing- most of the wounds unfortunately, and I know you don't want to hear this, they were caused by the neighbors." He continues: "...And I'm gonna continue to promote 'em. I am going to continue to promote PURDS. It is the way to go- if the neighbors don't agree with me I'm sorry- that's my role, I see my role, I have a mandate from council, I have a mandate from the Mayor and we're gonna follow through on it!" ........Cal Caminati lives in Solon.
Sunday, March 25, 2007
Moe Romeo, President of City Council and Ward 2 Councilman is interviewed by The Plain Dealer. On October 4, 2006, The Plain Dealer states, "Romeo said he favors pressing on, even if the city has to borrow money and later recover it from a buyer."
They quote Romeo as saying, "AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, WE'D BE BETTER OFF KNOCKING THE WHOLE PLACE DOWN AND LEAVING IT FLAT UNTIL WE FIND A NEW DEVELOPER."
- "Despite the bald look of the site, city officials praised Cutter's Creek for keeping a healthy percentage of its trees standing..."
SAY WHAT?! The article continues by quoting the developer:
- "He said that four trees along Anderson Road will be saved, and about 10-15 trees where the overflow basin was."
Considering this site was once a densly forested gem of the city, this minimum effort is hardly an applaudable achievment. High ranking officials at the City of South Euclid enjoy a cozy relationship with a senior staff member at the Sun Newspaper. This provides the Mayor and City Council their own personal high profile cheerleader, especially convenient during an election year.
Please view photographs below.
The photographs below are of the Anderson and Green Road area of the Euclid Creek.
Mayor Georgine Welo was the Council Chair of the Euclid Creek Watershed Council in 2006. This organization partially defines their mission: "to improve and protect the watershed."
If that wasn't so sad, it might almost be funny.
Saturday, March 24, 2007
Friday, March 23, 2007
Thursday, March 22, 2007
"WHY ARE WE SPENDING THIS MONEY? WE DON'T HAVE THIS KIND OF MONEY TO THROW AROUND."----The Plain Dealer - February 11, 2006
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
See campaign finance report: Please click on image for full-size document.
Monday, March 19, 2007
Sunday, March 18, 2007
Friday, March 16, 2007
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Sunday, March 4, 2007
- Comments are welcome on any topic.
- You have the option to remain anonymous.
- Most recent comments appear at the bottom of this page.
Remember – if you decide to make a comment- your identity will remain completely anonymous, even to those at South Euclid Oversight- if you so desire. Simply select the "anonymous" option when submitting your comment. Your comment is delivered to SEO via a no-reply message from "Google". Your email identity and address are not revealed to those at SEO.
- If you wish to make direct email contact with SEO, here is the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be advised that all comments are moderated to prevent any vulgar or inappropriate statements. The moderator is not able to edit your comments, so if there is something inappropriate – the entire comment must be deleted.
- ► 2013 (22)
- ► 2012 (24)
- ► 2011 (76)
- ► 2010 (82)
- ► 2009 (86)
- ► 2008 (92)
- Vanishing Greenspace
- Tax Abatements?
- Economic Development vs Residents
- Local Paper Does Not Reflect Reality
- An Atrocity Compliments Of City Hall
- Before the destruction: Anderson and Green Road in...
- Euclid Creek at Anderson and Green as it is today....
- Local paper states: "S.E. officials planting seeds...
- Debris dumping into the Euclid Creek.Click on phot...
- Along the bank of the Euclid Creek at Anderson and...
- City Spends $1.8 million
- Cedar Center- City Spends $17 million
- Engineering Contract
- Ordinance #59-06 and Ordinance #84-06
- Legal Advertising Expense
- Campaign Finance Report
- South Euclid Legal Fees
- Local landlord wins lottery!
- COMMENTS WELCOME
- ▼ March (21)