Please click on aerial photograph to view full size.
FY 2010 Community Development Block Grant Application - Stanhope Road Infrastructure Project - November 6, 2009:
“The City of South Euclid makes extensive efforts to involve the citizens of the Municipal Grant Process in addition to the required public hearing.”
“The following is a detailed description of the numerous activities conducted which facilitate the high level of citizen participation.”
2. nu•mer•ous (nōō'mər-əs, nyōō'-)
adj. Amounting to a large number; many.
very many; being or existing in great quantity. consisting of or comprising a great number of units or individuals.
3. “the high level of citizen participation” = a complete fabrication.
“This public hearing is announced and advertised through a public notice in the local newspaper for two consecutive weeks prior to the meeting.”
4. SEO has done a thorough search through the Sun Messenger public notice section for the two consecutive weeks prior to the meeting which was used as documentation to support claims of proper protocol. There was NO public notice referencing a “public hearing” in those papers.
5. Perhaps the most outrageous and blatant misrepresentation is the submission of copies of meeting notices as requirement fulfillment while applying for competitively sought County grant money – because:
- The online “article” posted by the Sun Messenger at 11:55 a.m. on the day of the meeting does not qualify as “public notice.” There was NO notification in the Sun Messenger as claimed regarding the example provided by the City in the grant application.
- The very documentation that was used to support claims of “citizen participation” on the application for 2010 grant money submitted on November 6, 2009 – is total baloney! Please examine the dates. (link provided above) They are from a meeting held November 10, 2008.