- time: 6 min. 07 sec.
In these troubled economic times, was a taxpayer funded trip to Orlando, Florida justified? Councilwoman Jane Goodman is the only member of council who suggests that a junket to Florida wasn’t a prudent move on the part of city officials.
The public is entitled to know:
- Airline ticket cost and dates of travel for each individual attending the NLC conference in Orlando, Florida.
- Hotel cost per person including: dates, room service, movie rental and telephone charges.
- All rental car expenses either submitted for reimbursement or charged on a city credit card and all parking fees.
- Individual expense account forms submitted for reimbursement.
- All records of city issued credit card purchases associated with this seminar.
- Cost of paid registration fees and a complete list of seminars and events attended for each individual at the “Congress of Cities” conference.
- Was this travel limited to city officials or did this travel include any spouses, family members or guests?
To view further information regarding the National League of Cities conference, "Congress of Cities" held in Orlando, Florida, please also see: Fun In The Sun
- Northeast Ohio City Council Association: http://noccassoc.org/